Friday, April 22, 2011

Day Thirty-Nine: Happy Earth Day!

I spent a good part of today fighting my nemesis, the buttercup. I had no idea what a nuisance the buttercup was until I became a homeowner with a yard overrun by them. There is something very gratifying about weeding, but also very frustrating as those darn things keep coming back! We are trying to clear some space for a vegetable garden. The girls are excited about growing their own food. I'm just excited to clear out the weeds and hope that we might have some tasty homegrown treats spring up throughout the summer.

Are you one of the billion people worldwide celebrating Earth Day? http://earthday.ca/(Check out the great kids activities and teachers' page @ http://ecokids.ca/) I don't usually post about specifically environmental issues but today is a good exception. I believe that we are stewards of the earth- its animals, its plants, its resources and its people. Compassion for the earth leads to compassion for people, and vice versa. And out of compassion comes Hope!

So Happy Earth Day! Enjoy your earth, weeds and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment